New Feature: The Blacklist
It’s a question we’ve been getting every week for as long as we can remember:
“What if a problem patient tries to book an appointment online and takes up valuable time on my schedule?”
Now, the answer is simple. As long as you’ve added them to your blacklist, they can’t.
How Does the Blacklist Work?
When a blacklisted patient tries to book an appointment online, they will be prompted to check their email for verification. But instead of the usual confirmation email, this will arrive in their inbox:
The appointment they tried to schedule will NOT be written into your system, and they’ll have to call your office to request an appointment the old-fashioned way.
You will then receive an email notifying you that a blacklisted patient attempted to schedule with you. It will look something like this:
How do I add patients to my blacklist?
- Log in to the LocalMed provider portal
- Click “offices” on the left-hand side
- Select the appropriate office by clicking on its name, or on the pencil icon on the right
- Select “blacklist” from the left-hand side.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to blacklist
- Select a reason for your decision
- Click “add patient”
And you’re done! Note that the patient will not be able to see the reason they’ve been blacklisted. To learn why, they’ll have to contact you directly.
We hope this makes your life a little easier! If you have any questions, just email email@example.com.