12 ways to get the most of LocalMed online dental scheduling
You’ve signed up for LocalMed, our team customized the platform specifically for your practice according to your scheduling rules, and have received the code for the website widget. Now you’re wondering… what now?
- Before doing anything else - get that widget up on your site! Send the code to your website company and make sure it gets posted ASAP. Once the widget is up, patients can start booking directly from your site. We typically see a 35-70% increase in website conversions once you’ve added the scheduling widget.
- Select the insurances you accept so that potential patients know what to expect when they walk in. You can also set up LocalMed to collect insurance information prior to the appointment.
- Write a welcome message to your new patients and add it to your LocalMed dashboard. This message will be sent in the appointment confirmation email, alongside a calendar reminder, directions to your practice and patient forms.
- Upload or link to your new patient forms on the LocalMed dashboard. When we send a confirmation email to the patient, we’ll include a link to your forms.
- Add your appointment link to your Google My Business page. Patients will be able to schedule an appointment with your practice directly from their Google Search.
- Add the widget to your Facebook page. You can enable it as a Call-to-Action button or in the sidebar menu - or both!
- Send an email blast to your existing patients and let them know that scheduling with your office just got more convenient!
- Update your answering machine message and direct patients to schedule online when they can’t get a hold of you, during the day or after hours.
- Announce your 24/7 online scheduling capabilities on your social media feeds. If you have a blog or a newsletter, mention it there too!
- Update your ad copy to capitalize on the convenience of scheduling instantly with your practice. You’ll help compel potential patients to immediate action around the clock. Remember to update any pay-per-click, social media and banner ads.
- Upload your headshot, office photos and a short bio to your LocalMed profile. It gives off a professional image and allows you to show off your office personality to your potential new patients.
- Mention your 24/7 online scheduling on all of your paper touchpoints. This includes practice brochures, business cards, checkout paperwork, your new patient packets and so on.
At LocalMed, we’re excited to help you close the loop on your patient acquisition process! If you’d like to implement one of these suggestions but aren’t quite sure how to add something to your LocalMed dashboard, our friendly customer support team would be happy to assist. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re not taking advantage of the LocalMed real-time online scheduling system, we’d be happy to walk you through a demo and show you how we can help grow your practice.