LocalMed vs. SolutionReach Limelight
In 2012, LocalMed was founded in Baton Rouge intending to make scheduling appointments online easy for both patients and providers. Initially, industry experts didn’t believe it could be done, but today over 1,800 dentists offer the LocalMed Connect online scheduling platform to their new and existing patients.
LocalMed is the only platform that integrates directly with dental practice management systems (PMS), allowing patients to find and schedule real-time appointments online for themselves and their dependents, 24/7.
SolutionReach is a suite of patient-relationship management software that was founded in 2000 under the name “Smile Reminder”. In 2013, the Utah-based company changed their name to SolutionReach. Their scheduling solution, Limelight, is available as an add-on to their primary platform, SolutionReach.
SolutionReach Limelight and LocalMed Connect have similar concepts:
- Scheduling can be easily accessed through the provider’s website or social media platforms from any device.
- Allows patients to schedule an appointment at their convenience at a time that fits into their schedule.
However, the differences between LocalMed Connect and SolutionReach Limelight are clear.
- Provides notifications to office staff each time an appointment is requested so that staff can book the appointment in the practice PMS. The appointment is not automatically placed into the practice PMS
- Redirects patients to book on their webpage each time the scheduling link is clicked.
- Instantly and accurately books appointments into the practice PMS.
- Provides a user-friendly widget allows patients to schedule directly within the browser window they clicked from. Providers have the ability to see statistics on where patients are booking from on the LocalMed Connect provider dashboard.
- Validates both email addresses and birthdates, ensuring that patients are filling out accurate information.
- Provides providers with the ability to select which insurance providers they accept, and also gives patients the ability to fill out their insurance information prior to their appointment.
Advantages and Disadvantages
SolutionReach is focused on the overall patient-relationship management process and Limelight online scheduling is one add-on product to their SolutionReach suite that providers can select.
LocalMed’s focus is on providing the very best online scheduling platform that is easy-to-use for for patients and providers alike. The platform, LocalMed Connect, is the only real-time appointment scheduling tool available within the dental marketplace. By closing the loop on the patient acquisition process, LocalMed helps dental practices capture patients they wouldn’t have otherwise.
LocalMed’s scheduling widget can be placed anywhere a practice controls their web presence, including their website, Google, Facebook, Instagram and HealthGrades. This easy-to-use widget guides patients through the booking process and once completed, sends a confirmation email to the patient so they know they have actually been booked.
Integration and Accuracy
LocalMed Connect is completely integrated into the practice PMS, enabling appointment availability to be viewed online in real-time and then instantly written back into the practice PMS. This integration means that appointments can be booked accurately online without requiring any manual intervention from office staff, while also completely eliminating the risk of double-booking or being scheduled at the wrong times or in the wrong chairs. LocalMed Connect is the only software on the market that completely automates the online scheduling process.
Pricing and Contracts
SolutionReach requires a multi-year contract be signed in order to use their service; Limelight is add-on service to their base pricing. Limelight can not be used as a standalone without the core SolutionReach patient communication platform.
LocalMed offers flexible, month-to-month contract terms allowing dentists to cancel at anytime.
For patients, LocalMed provides an easy-to-use scheduling widget and ensures that patients receive confirmation of their booked appointment. For providers, LocalMed Connect is clearly the best solution for providing an accurate, real-time online scheduling platform for dental offices. Dentists looking for ways to help grow their practice and provide the best possible customer experience can use LocalMed to ensure their office is providing the services today’s dental clients are looking for when choosing between offices.
Interested in learning more about how LocalMed can grow your practice?