This policy describes the types of Personal Information Dental Intel may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Websites and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to Personal Information Dental Intel collects:
• On the Website.
• In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website or Dental Intel.
• Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website. Dental Intel’s online scheduling app provides widgets to customers and patients for their use in scheduling, and Personal Information is collected through these widgets.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Dental Intel offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Dental Intel or any third party (including Dental Intel's affiliates and subsidiaries); or
• any third party (including Dental Intel affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on, the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Dental Intel collects several types of Personal Information from and about users of the Website, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number, social security number, date of birth, medical or health care history (such as previous doctors, dentists or other health care providers ("Providers") you visited and your reason for visiting any Providers), current medical issues or health care issues, and/or medical or health care insurance information (such as your insurance carrier and insurance plan) ("Personal Information");
• that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as age, gender, and internet browser;
• Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your requests. You will be required to provide Personal Information before using certain services on or through the Website;
• If you choose to use a paid Dental Intel account or service, our payment processing vendor collects your credit card information and billing address; and/or
• Your search queries and questions and comments posted on the Website;
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
If you communicate with Dental Intel by, for example, e-mail or letter, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information. You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, Dental Intel cannot control the actions of other users of the Website. Therefore, Dental Intel cannot and does not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Dental Intel collects this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to Dental Intel or on or through the Website. This includes:
o information that you voluntarily provide to Dental Intel when you choose to use some of the services on the Website, such as searching for Providers, searching for available appointments with Providers, reporting technical problems with our apps, services or Websites, and completing medical history forms prior to Provider appointments.
o information you provide voluntarily in free-form text boxes on the Website and through responses to forms, surveys, feedback requests, questionnaires, contests, and the like. Some of the services on the Website ask for your health-related Personal Information.
o information that you provide in email or other correspondence with Dental Intel.
• You may elect to use certain services on or through the Website which require you to download and install software on your computer ("Downloaded Software"). The Downloaded Software may collect and transmit information from your computer system solely relating to the Downloaded Software and for the purpose of providing you with the relevant services.
• Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
• From third parties, for example, our business partners.
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice: Pursuant to the § 1798.110 of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), the categories of personal information that we have collected about individual consumers in the preceding twelve months are:
• Identifiers, such as name, email address, address, telephone number, insurance policy number, employment information, medical information, and health insurance information
• Commercial information: records of services purchased
• Internet activity
• Geolocation data
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Website, Dental Intel may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about the your type of computer and internet connection, including your IP address, domain servers, operating system, web browser type, referring source which may have sent you to the Website, and other information associated with the interaction of your browser and the Website (collectively, "Traffic Data").
The information Dental Intel collects automatically is statistical data. It helps Dental Intel to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling it to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies Dental Intel uses for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and Dental Intel's e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Dental Intel, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Other cookies used by our business partners may collect other non-personally identifying information, such as the computer's IP address, type of operating system, type of internet browsing software, what web pages were viewed at what time, the geographic location of your internet service provider and demographic information, such as gender and age range. This information is used to provide Dental Intel with more information about its user's demographics and internet behaviors.
Additionally, Dental Intel may use third party website analytics services in connection with the Website, for example, to record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, as well as any text that you type into the Website. These website analytics services do not collect Personal Information that you do not voluntarily enter into the Website. These services do not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use their services. Dental Intel uses the information collected from these services to find usability problems to make the Website easier to use. The recordings will not identify you or your account; they only record anonymous user information.
How Dental Intel Uses Your Information
Dental Intel uses information that Dental Intel collects about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
• To present the Website and its contents to you.
• To provide your Personal Information to dental and/or medical providers specified by you.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Dental Intel or the Website.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account.
• To enable us to develop, customize and improve the Website and our publications, products and services.
• To carry out Dental Intel's obligations and enforce Dental Intel's rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Dental Intel.
• To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services Dental Intel offers or provides through the Website.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website.
• To provide you lists Providers.
• To remind you of upcoming or follow-up appointments with Providers.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose, with your consent.
Storage of Personal Information
Dental Intel stores all Traffic Data and review postings indefinitely, even after "deletion", and may archive such information elsewhere. Dental Intel stores all Personal Information until you request that Dental Intel modify or delete it, in which case Dental Intel may still retain certain Personal Information for the reasons described herein.
Disclosure of Your Information
• To Dental Intel's subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties Dental Intel uses to support its business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Dental Intel's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• To Providers you select to receive your Personal Information.
• For any other purpose disclosed by Dental Intel when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
You may choose not to provide Dental Intel with any Personal Information. In such an event, you can still access and use some of the services on the Website; however you will not be able to access and use certain key features of the services and/or the Website that require your Personal Information.
Dental Intel may also disclose your Personal Information:
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If Dental Intel believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dental Intelligence, Inc., Dental Intel's customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• To respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties.
Public Information. Any information that you may reveal in a review posting or other online discussion or forum is intentionally open to the public and is not in any way private. You should not disclose any Personal Information or personally identifiable information in any public forum.
Retention of Personal Information
Dental Intel processes Personal Information for a reasonable period of time to fulfill the purposes mentioned above. Personal Information is then archived for time periods as required or necessitated by law or legal considerations. Dental Intel reserves the right to delete a customer’s data, including Personal Information provided by that customer, from its system after 30 days from the date of termination of its agreement with the applicable customer. Dental Intel may also delete Personal Information in response to an individual’s request, as set forth in the Your Rights and Choices section below.
Dental Intel reserves the right to retain usage data relating to our products and services, as well as data that has been anonymized and/or aggregated, to the extent permitted by applicable laws. With respect to any Personal Information collected by us for marketing or for our own internal purposes, we will retain that data for a reasonable time in order to fulfill those purposes.
We regularly review our retention policy to ensure compliance with our obligations under data protection laws and other regulatory requirements. We regularly audit our databases and archived information to ensure that Personal Information is only stored and archived in alignment with our retention policy.
Your Rights and Choices About How Dental Intel Uses and Discloses Your Information
Dental Intel strives to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. Dental Intel has created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Changing and Correcting Your Personal Information. If your Personal Information changes in any way, we invite you to correct or update your information as soon as possible. You can make updates to your profile information by logging into your account on Dental Intel at any time. You can also request changes or access to your information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Opting Out of Marketing Communications. Dental Intel may send you communications or data regarding our Web sites and services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of our Web sites and services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our products and services. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Dental Intel by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by contacting us as described in the Contact Information section below, with your specific request. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and services.
• Deleting Your Personal Information. Upon your request, Dental Intel will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete your account and the Personal Information in your profile. However, it may be impossible to remove your account without some residual information being retained by Dental Intel. Dental Intel has no obligation to delete any data or information you provide on a medical history form following termination of your account or the account of any dental or medical services provider to whom your medical history form was submitted through the Website or the services offered on or through the Website. If you wish to close your account or have your Personal Information deleted, please contact us as set forth in the Contact Information section below.
Dental Intel does not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Your California privacy rights. This section applies to California residents only.
• Shine the Light law. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of Personal Information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. Dental Intel does not presently share any information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. However, to submit such a request, you can contact us as set forth in the Contact Information section below.
• California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Beginning January 1, 2020, pursuant to the CCPA (Section 1798.100 et seq. of the California Civil Code), residents of California have the following rights:
o Right of access to your personal information, up to twice a year at no charge, including:
The categories of personal information Dental Intel collects about the consumer,
The categories of sources of the consumer’s personal information,
The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the consumer’s personal information,
The categories of any third parties with whom the business shares the consumer’s personal information, and
The specific pieces of personal information collected about the consumer.
o Right to request deletion of data, subject to certain exceptions, such as where the information is needed to provide services to the consumer, or for security or legal reasons.
o Right to not be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA, such as denial of services or higher pricing.
o Right to opt out of having your personal information sold.
You can exercise your rights under the CCPA by calling our toll-free number set forth in the Contact Information section below.
Your Canadian privacy rights. This section applies to Canada residents only.
Your Personal Information may be transferred outside of Canada for processing and storage. Company and its service providers may store Personal Information on servers located in other jurisdictions, including the United States. Please note that privacy laws in such jurisdictions differ from Canadian privacy laws (e.g., PIPEDA) and that in some jurisdictions your Personal Information may be accessed by law enforcement authorities or the courts in such jurisdictions. If you wish to:
• find out if we have your Personal Information and how we have used it,
• access your Personal Information that is in our possession,
• request that your Personal Information be corrected or deleted from our database, or
• obtain a list of any other organizations to which your Personal Information has been disclosed,
you may contact our privacy officer at the contact information set forth below. We will respond to your request relating to your Personal Information within 30 days. We may be unable to remove information to the extent that it is permitted or required to be retained by applicable law or document retention and data backup policies, or if removal is not practicable due to technological reasons. Please note that removal of your Personal Information may prevent or hinder us from providing further services and information to you.
Company may require you to provide sufficient information to permit us to provide an account of the existence, use, and disclosure of Personal Information. The information provided shall only be used for this purpose.
Dental Intel has implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any medical or health care information will be encrypted in transit and at rest. Payment card information, such as account numbers, is processed via a third-party vendor that specializes in payment processing and has committed to PCI DSS compliance. All Dental Intel employees are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality of Personal Information accessible through their employment.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where Dental Intel has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Dental Intel asks you not to share your password with anyone. You must promptly notify Dental Intel if your contact data is lost, stolen, or used without your permission, In such an event, we will remove that contact data from your account and update our records accordingly.
Dental Intel further urges you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Dental Intel uses commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, Dental Intel cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. Dental Intel is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Storage of Personal Information
Dental Intel stores all information in state of the art physical storage facilities and cloud storage. In doing so, Dental Intel uses appropriate physical, organizational and technological measures to protect the Personal Information you provide to us against loss or theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. This includes limiting access on a “need-to-know” basis. Where third parties (such as AWS) are used to host our products, we use third parties who meet required privacy and security standards.
However, no electronic data transmission can be guaranteed to be secure from access by unintended recipients and Dental Intel will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this breach is due to its negligence. Although we are committed to employing reasonable technology in order to protect the security of our website, even with the best technology, no website is 100% secure. In transacting business with us through our website, you assume the risk inherent in transacting business online.
To offer our website, products and services to you, Dental Intel relies on plugins and services from third parties such as internet service providers, email service providers and plugins, calendar plugins, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, credit card processors, and third party data storage. To the extent these providers have access to your Personal Information, we will require that they are legally or contractually committed to comply with applicable privacy laws, In the case of credit card processors, we require that they be PCI DSS-compliant. However, we cannot guarantee with certainty that the computer systems and storage systems whereon these services are offered will not be accessed by unauthorized parties. This is a risk inherent in providing any information or, or conducting any business, online. In transacting business with us through our website, you assume the risk inherent in transacting business online.
Links to Other Websites
Telephone: or +1 (801) 717-2777
Or mail us at:
Dental Intelligence, Inc.
2100 W Pleasant Grove Blvd, Suite 400
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062